Skip to main content

Cosmic Byte CB-GK-02 Gaming Keyboard Review by a Music Producer

I'm not a gamer but I do music production. I've been working with music since 2014. And I tried many keyboards, but I'd have to buy new ones every 1-2 years. The keys get damaged easily because I need to use the keyboard for long hours every day.

Then I bought Cosmic Byte CB-GK-02 in 2019. It felt bigger than normal computer keyboards. At first, I didn't feel comfortable because the keys felt different than normal keyboards. But I got used to it pretty easily. At the time of writing, the keyboard works just as new. A few keys have lost a little bit of paint on top. But the letters are still clearly visible.

It has RGB lights with different patterns. You can toggle on and off the lights with the dedicated key next to the right Ctrl key on the keyboard. The light pattern can be changed with Fn + 1,2,3...9 keys. The keyboard won't remember the light pattern you set, so you'll have to set it each time you turn on the computer. I just use the default light pattern. 

It may be slightly more expensive but it'll last twice more compared to budget keyboards of popular brands. 

Comments